Friday 29 March 2013

Summer Blockbusters To Watch 2013

It's hard to believe that it's now almost April. And you know what that means? Summer blockbuster season is almost here!!! So here's my wee summer hit list 2013!

APRIL
  • Iron Man 3 - So Marvel opened the summer last year with The Avengers and this year they are giving us Iron Man 3 which looks epic! This movie is not only opening the summer movie season but it's also the opening of Phase Two!!! Bring it on!!
MAY
  • Star Trek Into Darkness - first off, I'm not a sci-fi fan. But this looks really good. Action packed and full of suspense. And Benedict Cumberbatch plays the villain, and I like him!
  • The Great Gatsby - I know this book is meant to be a classic but I've never read it or even looked into it. I probably would have glossed over this movie version too if I hadn't seen the trailer. It looks quite interesting and the casting is pretty good. I'm considering reading the book too. 
  • The Hangover Part 3 - part 2 hadn't really lived up to the first movie. It was pretty much the same movie but set in a different location. This time there is no wedding. There is no stag do. I still have no idea what the plot is. But I've watched the first two and this is the final so why not give it a go.
JUNE
  • Man Of Steel - I'd pick Marvel over DC any day but this is Zack Snyder movie and his movies are pretty cool. Though i don't really like the look for this, i'm willing to give it ago due to that. Also, i like superheroes.                                                                                                                                          
  • Snap from "World War Z" set. August 2011
  • World War Z - I really enjoyed the book. I managed to get onto the set of this movie and take photos which was totally awesome.  I even got to meet the author of the book! I never met Brad Pitt though (not that i'm bothering much about that. I actually preferred meeting Max Brooks and getting my copy of the book signed). So i was looking forward to this movie. But it's nothing like the book. The only thing this has in common with the book is the title and both have zombies. Will be difficult to detach myself from the book but the film does look pretty good, i have to admit. 
  • Despicable Me 2 - I don't care that i'm in my 20's, i'm 5 at heart. I loved Despicable Me. I loved the girls. I loved the minions. The film is sooooo cute!! I can't wait for the sequel!!
JULY
  • Monster's University - Loved the first movie. It was groundbreaking for the time. The animation was brilliant. In terms of animation, this one doesn't look as good. Looks ... cheap. But i'm holding out for a good movie so here's hoping that what i've seen so far isn't a proper representation for the end movie. 
  • Kick Ass 2 - The first movie was fantasic. Funny and action packed, i loved it. I'm not sure what to think for the second movie so far though. I think Jim Carrey will get a load of screen time, and i'm not sure if i'm happy about that or not. Chloe Moretz has grown up so much since the first movie too so that's gonna be weird. But i have hope for it. From what i've seen so far, it looks quite fun.
  • The Wolverine - I'm an X-Men fan. Enough said. First trailer came out the other day and looks epic. Looking forward to it.
AUGUST
  • Red 2 - I loved the first movie. It was funny, the cast was excellent and the plot was pretty good too. I'm hoping this lives up to that. But then again, old actors blowing things up, what could go wrong?
  • The World's End - I love Edgar Wright. Do I have to say anything else about this movie. As I write this, there is still no trailer for this movie but the plot sounds like a good laugh in the hands of this wonderful man
  • The Mortal Instruments - City Of Bones - After hearing how good this series is online, i decided to give it a go. The book was ok. Nothing amazing. But from the buzz i've heard online, this could be the next Twilight and i like to be ahead of the game. I'm curious about the movie since i've read the book now. It might be good, might not. It might be the next Twilight, might not. Have to wait and see.
Overall though, shall be an epic summer !!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment